Saturday, February 4, 2012

i wait for my arrival


Beyond myself, somewhere, I wait for my arrival.
— Octavio Paz (1914–1998)

Another braided ribbed kiku herringbone, with two interwoven five-pointed stars at each end. This is a brilliant stitch, so effective . . . but I need to go slowly to ensure the proper tension of all the stitches.

Thread wrap in medium dark gray; S10 division in gray #8 perle; embroidery in ecru, and three shades of pewter gray. The quote above by Paz is in the bell box along with 9 brass rings. Circumference: 11 inches / 27.7 cm; diameter: 3.5 inches / 8.81 cm. Completed 3 February 2012 (no. 097).

Sold to benefit Kiva.org.



2 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!
    We got the name of this stitch in Japan last fall. It's ribbed kiku herringbone. We are always learning. Had called it braided before.
    I really enjoy watching you explore the art of temari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barb. I remember that discussion now, and just have to get the new vocabulary to stick!

    ReplyDelete