Thursday, December 29, 2011

every moment is a golden one


Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
— Henry Miller (1891–1980)

No. 80 got me thinking about diamonds. That one used kiku flowers with layered tips and ended up forming diamond shapes, but I wanted to stitch diamonds proper. I have seen many temari with diamond shapes, but chose not to follow a pattern or look at any photos in constructing this one, and just find the right measurements and placement and design to match what was in my head. I thought I'd just be doing four diamonds around the center but realized that was bare, and added a second layer of four diamonds.

Thread wrap in medium brown; S8 division in metallic copper; embroidery in eight shades from dark brown to golden yellow to light gold. The quote above by Henry Miller is in the bell box along with 12 brass rings (for upcoming 2012). Circumference: 10.75 inches / 27.5 cm; diameter: 3.42 inches / 8.75 cm. Completed 28 December 2011 (no. 082).

Sold to benefit Kiva.org.


No comments:

Post a Comment